GP online services
You can usually contact your GP surgery using a secure and confidential online form on their website.
You can use the form to let a GP know about any symptoms you’re having, ask a question or follow up about something. This could be either about your own health or on behalf of someone you care for. Your GP surgery will use the information you give them to make sure you get the right help.
You can access the form via your GP surgery’s website. Do not use an online form if your medical problem is urgent.
You can find out more on the NHS England website.
If you’re a patient at a practice in Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
The App can be used to:
- get your NHS COVID Pass – view and download your COVID Pass for travel abroad
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
- view your NHS number – find out what your NHS number is.
The NHS App is free to use and owned by the NHS so you know your personal data is always secure.
The NHS App is for people aged 13 and over who are registered with a GP practice.
If you already use online service at your own practice you can continue to use this, and use the NHS App as well.
You can download it on the Apple App Store and on Google Play.