Connecting Care is a digital care record system for sharing information in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. It allows instant and secure electronic access to your health and social care records, for the authorised professionals directly involved in your care.
Your GP surgery, local hospitals, community health, mental health, and social care teams may all hold important information about you. Whilst you may expect that the staff who are involved in your care always had access to this relevant information, this was not always the case.
Connecting Care means:
- These professionals can access the information they need to provide treatment and look after you – even if they work in different organisations across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire
- Information is up to date, making your care safer and more efficient
- You are less likely to need to repeat information about yourself
- Safer and faster information is available to support clinical decisions and treatment
- Reduced duplication of tests and results
- A much more joined up approach to the care you receive in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.