NIHR Funded Projects
These are large (national) projects funded by the NIHR that we host and support as part of our portfolio.
Finding projects: Use “Ctrl + F” to use the find function on your browser. Then use key terms to seek projects in the topic of your interest. It is best to try several alternative words e.g. “Birth” or “Maternity” or “Maternal” or “natal”.
- A mixed-methods investigation of the delivery, impact and acceptability of a national de-adoption programme across Clinical Commissioning Groups in the English National Health Service
- A systematic review of parents’/carers’ needs, and interventions to support parents/carers of young people with mental health problems receiving mental health services: evidence synthesis with stakeholder engagement to provide practical recommendations
- Assessing the impact of COVID-19 on the physical activity of Year 6 children and their parents: Identifying scalable actions to mitigate adverse impacts & provide rapid evidence to policy makers
- ATHENA: AmiTritypline for the prevention of post-HErpetic NeuralgiA
- BRIDGING – Breakthrough interview extended reality training towards reducing the autism employment gap
- Developing evidence based optimal testing strategies to monitor long term conditions in primary care
- EPIToPe: Evaluating the Population Impact of Hepatitis C Direct Acting Antiviral Treatment as Prevention for People Who Inject Drugs
- Healthy minds, healthy bodies: can community weight loss services support better mental health?
- Heart failure And Participation in Physical activitY (the HAPPY study).
- IMPPP: Improving Medicines use in People with Polypharmacy in Primary Care
- Improving primary care antibiotic prescribing to reduce antibiotic resistant urine infections: the IPAP-UTI programme
- Increasing parental vaccine confidence and young people’s access to the universal human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination programme: a co-design study.
- INTERACT: Integrated therapist and online CBT for depression in primary care
- LAC: Promoting good health in Care Leavers through training for Personal Advisors
- P Risk: The feasibility and implementation of a psychosis risk prediction algorithm (P Risk) for use in primary care.
- PHIRST: Public Health Intervention Responsive Studies Team
- PRIME: Pharmacy Role In the proMotion of continence
- Processes of change in a group intervention for domestic violence perpetrators: a secondary qualitative analysis
- READY Paramedics: A Realist Evaluation of Paramedics Working in General Practice: An assessment of clinical and cost effectiveness
- Reducing population exposure to unhealthy commodity advertising: evaluation of the Bristol Advertising and Sponsorship Policy
- REPROVIDE: Reaching Everyone Programme of Research On Violence in diverse Domestic Environments
- RUbICOn: RecUrrent intra-articular corticosteroid injections in osteoarthritis
- The effectiveness and cost effectiveness of coenzyme Q10 in heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: a pragmatic, patient-centred, data-enabled trial in primary care
- The role of survivor-support services integrated within domestic abuse prevention programmes
- Trial of IGe tests for Eczema Relief (TIGER).
- Vertebral fracture clinical decision tool for older women with back pain (Vfrac) – a feasibility study.