About the Research team
Each year, we support more than 60 individuals to develop new research grant funding applications, including academics, commissioners, GPs, local authority, and other care staff.
Most of the research we support is designed with service commissioners, and this helps us ensure that all of the research we support directly aligns with ICB or national priorities.
In total, we host and support around 40 research grants funded by the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR), with a total value of more than £35 million.
What we do
The Research team is used most often for the following areas of support:
- Research Capability Funding
- Contract hosting
- Research governance support
- Grant application review and support
- General research advice
We also offer support in the following areas:
- Networking and facilitation of connections (e.g. NHS, academic, Local Authority, community health)
- NHS finances and costings
- Study recruitment logistics
- Data access requests
- Software (e.g. GP software and Commissioning Support Unit)
- Intellectual Property management
- Contract enforcement
- Implementation and impact
What you say
In a recent survey, respondents said they were ‘very likely’ to recommend our services to colleagues or other contacts, and our service was described as supportive, helpful, friendly and responsive.
“The team is always a first port of call for me.”
“Outstanding advice and expertise, swift replies, clear communication, total unwavering support and encouragement.”
“Always available and with a smile! … made all the difference for me.”
“They listened to what we are trying to do and engaged with various colleagues to get the right sort of support in place for us all.”
“Great at helping me troubleshoot – they seem to have answers at their fingertips.”