Waiting for your hospital care

The Coronavirus pandemic has had a big impact on the NHS and we are trying to resume routine services and keep patients safe, at the same time as we continue to treat Coronavirus cases.

More people are waiting much longer for treatment than ever before. So, we are reviewing patients who have been waiting a long time, to understand their current position and treatment wishes, and to help us prioritise those in most urgent need.

We are doing our utmost to ensure you get the treatment you require as soon as possible.

Waiting times

All patients waiting for a routine operation or treatment are prioritised according to their clinical need.

The most urgent cases will be seen first. However due to the nature of the current situation, we can’t be certain how long people will have to wait for non-urgent operations. For routine care many patients may have to wait longer than 12 months, particularly if they require a procedure.


All NHS organisations have a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) which is there to provide support and advice for patients. The PALS service for the hospitals in our area are as follows:

North Bristol NHS Trust

Call the North Bristol NHS Trust Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0117 414 4569 or email pals@nbt.nhs.uk. The on-site office is currently closed to visitors.

University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust

Bristol Hospitals
Call the Patient Support and Complaints Team for Bristol Hospitals on 0117 342 1050 or email psct@uhbw.nhs.uk. The on-site office is currently closed to visitors.

Weston General Hospital
Call the Patient Advice and Liaison Service for Weston General Hospital on 01934 647216 or email wnt-tr.pals@nhs.net. The on-site office is currently closed to visitors.

Sirona care & health

Call the Sirona Customer Care Service on 0300 124 5400 (8.30am to 4.30pm Monday-Friday) or email sirona.customercare@nhs.net.

What to do if your symptoms get worse

If your symptoms get worse while you are waiting for your operation you should contact your GP or NHS 111 for advice.

Go to NHS 111